Prototype

 



                                                                      Project



For my project this week I started to put my plan into action. Starting out the project is something that I found the most difficult it took a lot of time to grasp my head around setting everything up and getting more to grips with how to lay things out. But once I found out how to add objects and start that's when things started to get a little bit easier. I started by adding a couple of ground pieces to act like where my player is going to run. I  then added a cube shape from the game object section to act as a placeholder for my character. I placed everything where I wanted it and then started to think about how I'm going to start with coding. At first I thought about following it to tutorial on YouTube but I then quickly realised even these were way too advanced for me. I then thought that the section I had previously done on Unity tutorials section 3 was quite similar to what I want to achieve with my game. So once I figured that out I went back to the tutorials and try to add some of them elements to my cube I added a player controller script and eventually got my cube to move and jump. I now have a clearer vision into how I'm going to complete my game I'm going to add some elements from the tutorials and also add my own luck and aesthetics and obsticles to it.



Comments

  1. Hey Luke, Nice to see you getting started with your game. I started the prototyping as well and like you I was like where do I begin. I found a good YouTube of how to create your background and ground and adding images to them. The link is on my page. Thats as far as I got. Just wondering has your vision for your game changed at all now that you are actually making it because I find mine definitely is with the restrictions I feel as I'm creating it.

    Kev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Luke,
    that's a good start-up which also motivates me to do the work on unity.
    as I am trying to learn the basics of the game, I like the steps you showed with images very good habit to show work I also watched the same YouTube tutorial so it seems I'm not the only one searching for more similar things.

    JUDY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Luke, I like seeing that you have begun work on your game, i fully agree that it is difficult to begin work on the project but I am sure that once you get into it you will find it enjoyable. I like what you are doing with the game so far and look forward to seeing the finished result, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Luke,
    I see what you've got so far in your game at seems like you know what you're doing. Unity is complicated but once you get your game to work as you want you don't have to worry about the aesthetics. I also had difficulties with the scripts but then I watched tutorials and used some from what we've been doing the last couple of weeks. I also searched for tutorials that could help and found many, so you could see what tutorials could be similar and it will help with designing your game. I can't wait to see your game and how it will look like. Good luck in designing your game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Luke! Great to see a start on your game so far, what you've done is great in terms of a basis. I also used shapes as placeholders for my game until I figure out how to create a somewhat realistic character. It's a great idea to use code from previous tutorials to implement into the game, I'm definitely gonna do that too. Definitely check YouTube for any help with the more harder aspects of the game you might run into, I found some tutorials myself that might help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Luke!
    Great start to your game, I know how hard it is to get started with something when you don't know where to start, i've been having the same trouble with my game too. Using the code from previous tutorials is a great idea, it also helps when it is exactly what you need for your game. You seem like you're on the right track and I can't wait to see your game when it's finished!
    Best of luck with the rest of it!
    Rachael :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

About Me