Growth Mindset

 



                                             
                                           GROWTH MINDSET



                       https://sites.dartmouth.edu/learning/2017/05/18/understanding-the-growth-mindset/ 


I never heard of Carol the whack before looking at the videos given. I really like her ideas and I feel like they are very progressive and can lead to people being more positive and less hesitant and doubtful about how smart they can be. For the most part I feel like I land on the fixed mindset just because whenever I get challenged with a hard challenge I often stress out and let it get to me but in the last year I have been really trying to be more positive and tackling challenges head-on I've had better mindset where even if I can't do challenges to a really high standard like other people I give everything a go and give my own best and try not to compare myself to others I feel like this really helps as when I know I've given my own best I know that's all I can do. I also often find after just tackling challenges and giving my all I got a great sense of achievement rather than me not trying at all. I found this especially prevalent in year one of CDM as I did not know how to any adobe software at all and never coded in my lifeboat I really wanted to learn all of these new skills. At the start it was very stressful getting to grips with all of these programmes but I knew once I got the hang of it a bit I just needed to add the creativity I have to the projects I also kept on saying to myself just "give your best and don't compare yourself to others" and this worked tremendously as at the start I would be intimidated by more advanced peoples work. I definitely would like to learn more about growth mindset in this module as I would like to learn even more ways to become more confident with challenges that I'm faced witheven more ways to become more confident with challenges that I'm faced with. My goal in this semester is to give my all and try not to get stressed out by new challenges I am a bit worried about coding as I feel that as we progress into more advanced types of coding I might get lost but I'm going to try and keep my positive mindset for this and just try everything.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

Game Idea Research

About Me