Game Stories

 




                                                           Game Stories


 

Overall I really enjoyed all of my reading I did this week in particular I really like the stories from systems part that I learned about. I learned that a lot of games that claim to be narrative and story based use a lot of the same scenes and have questions that have no true purpose because you will end up in the same place in a matter what option you choose. Personally I'm not massively in the game so I didn't know that they reuse scenes and I also didn't know that some options all have the same consequences. I really liked Learning how games like civilisation that don't really have a true plot can be way more dance and in-depth then some of these other narrative style games. I learned that game is like these can generate much more interesting stories because they have complicated systems with rules and much more. Something I didn't know before was that a lot of games are actually using more systemic stories in their games like in farcry a lot of things around you can interact because they are byproducts of systems that are allowed to interact with one another in the game. Overall I really enjoyed learning more about stories, storytelling and how in-depth and not in that storytelling can be when it comes to games.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

Game Idea Research

About Me