Feedback Strategies

 



                                                   Feedback Strategies


https://iusd.org/article/we-want-your-feedback-iusd-strategic-initiatives-survey


After reading these articles I got a much clearer and broader insight into what feedback is and how it can be positively used to aid others in getting better at their skills and tasks in the future. I learned that feedback is such a critical way in which people can learn efficiently and practically and that making the mistake getting critical feedback and applying it is a fantastic way of learning. I learned a lot of good things while reading these articles for example what praise versus feedback is. I learned when giving feedback don't say mindless phrases like "try hard" and so on but actually ask questions about the persons thought process and how they can learn from mistakes that they might of made during this process. To encourage them to seek positive and negative feedback from you so they can grow and improve. That asking questions is much better than giving praise that supporting the persons development by taking their prospective into account is a more efficient way of helping them. I found all of that information very insightful as it gives me ideas and techniques to use when I give feedback in the future. Another thing I learned about is being a mirror when giving feedback some parts of this method include things like when giving feedback don't be too general and try to be a specific as possible. Another thing is to focus on what the person is doing or did well rather than the things that they didn't because in there can't reflect something that's not there. Something else to do when giving feedback is focus on the persons process this shows that you appreciate the hard work they put in and effort that they gave. The last thing I thought was quite interesting was when giving feedback don't involve yourself in it and don't say things like "I liked how you did this" or "I found" etc because this means that they're trying to please you when in reality they're trying to improve themselves so when giving feedback say things like "When you did so and so". This was very insightful to me because it actually made sense they are trying to get feedback to improve themselves and not try to impress you which I think is very cool to think about. Overall these articles opened my eyes into how critical and valuable feedback is when it comes to improving the learning.

LINKS:

https://www.kqed.org/mindshift/34778/the-difference-between-praise-and-feedback

https://www.literacyworldwide.org/blog/literacy-now/2015/12/08/be-a-mirror-give-readers-feedback-that-fosters-a-growth-mindset





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

Game Idea Research

About Me