Game Idea Research

 



                                                  Game Idea Research


A general idea and a static that I'm thinking I want my game to look like.

                                                      http://garara.net/game/wizard-hult


The game idea that I decided to go for is a basic platform style game, but because I love Harry Potter so much I wanted the game to be wizard themed. I want that aesthetic throughout the whole game when it comes to things like the background, the character, the enemies and so on.


Mechanic 01

The first mechanic I was thinking of putting in it is a jumping mechanic I want the character to be able to jump on platforms and go throughout the game jumping on these platforms to reach the end kind of like a Super Mario game. Hopefully I'll be able to add this mechanic I'm not sure how hard it will be.


Mechanic 02

The second mechanic I would like to add to the game is there to be enemies. While the wizard character is going through the wizard world to try and get to the end I want there to be enemies that can hinder the main characters chance of getting to the end. Maybe the enemies can shoot things at the main character but I'm not sure if that will be too hard or not.


Mechanic 03

The third mechanic I would like to add to the game is for the main wizard character to be able to collect items as it goes through the platform course. Maybe these items can power the character up or they are just collectables for the character to collect. I was thinking these could maybe be books with spells on it or keys.


LINKS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFEKIWpd0sU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfHmiFUtWT4

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/platformer-character-games-design-troy-dunniway

Comments

  1. OOOOOOh A wizard/ Magic world-esque Platformer sounds cool! Platformers were always my favourite so this is a really interesting concept, will you be keeping the wizard world aesthetic to be simply an aesthetic or incorporate it into the characters move set, like will they be able to use a magic of some sort? I'm really interested to find out either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Luke, I love , love , loveeee that idea. I love Harry Potter too! The game seems something that I would definately play a lot and the mechanics sound interesting. I would like to know more about the game and I cannot wait to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you chose a wizard themed game, i kinda saw that coming from your introduction haha but you're right, the aesthetic is everything. I was never really one for platformer games but then again, i am picky about everything. I can't wait to see your idea come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Luke bro I'm loving the wizard theme game i think its a brilliant idea i cant wait to see the development for theses games ideas keep up the good work. i know its going to be a crazy sick game for us to play soon. and harry potter is my god to movie to watch at Christmas its gooo!#

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

About Me