Game Design

 


                              

                                 Game design reading thoughts


https://www.seamedu.com/blog/confused-between-game-design-and-game-development/


After reading the three articles I got a lot of deep knowledge about the process of game development and design. Things I had not known previously as I'm not massively into games or gaming. What intrigued me the most is how gruelling the process of even starting to produce a game is. That there are many types of ways of even starting to come up with ideas for a game. For example many people use brainstorming as a way of coming up at ideas but as the study that I read shown this is not suitable for everyone as many people believe the way people brainstorm is very important and a lot of people are doing it wrong and not professionally. Other people like to be alone like to go for walks or just get ideas from all around them by keeping their eyes open. This was very interesting to me and I didn't think coming up with ideas from the very start was that important. But now I realise that a good idea it's nearly the most important part of the whole game creation process and that multiple ways of starting to come up with ideas should be thought more in different courses and colleges. I also learned a lot of these techniques that are recommended sometimes tend to not be practical as a lot of them take up a lot of valuable time that game developers simply do not have. The articles also open my eyes to how creative you actually have to be to be a game designer and developer and that the skill of creativity is hugely valuable. I learned that taking inspiration from other games is not particularly a bad thing as it can lead to the improvement of games in general. Something that also interested in me is the fact that a lot of designers can come up with many ideas quite easily but one of the hardest things is to create a GOOD idea, that creating something that is actually good enough to be picked up is very difficult. I also found it interesting how difficult it is to box gaming into a definition and how broad of a topic gaming really is. I was also intimidated of the idea of even trying to make a game but after reading the articles I learned that starting from the basics and not having to make a masterpiece is also creating game which made the idea of creating a game more attainable to me. Overall I really enjoyed it looking more in depth on the game creation industry and it's skills, techniques and more and I'm excited to learn a lot about this topic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

Game Idea Research

About Me