Week 9 Reading and Writing

 




                                                                     Reading


Overall I really liked doing these reading tasks as I think there is very insightful and show you all of the nitty-gritty details into making a game. Doing his reading tasks really open my eyes into how much work goes into making a game. It showed me there are so many aspects masses and thought that goes into even starting a game. Before doing any readings I did not realise how much work and time actually goes in to the background of making a game and I think it was very useful to learn all about it as it is great knowledge to know. I do think the reading tasks very much helped me in making my game as it showed me different techniques and ways of looking at a game that I feel I could apply to my game. It also gave me a lot of thinking to do when I comes to brainstorming how I won my game to look and many more things. While a lot of the things I learned about were quite advanced I feel like it did not go to waste as getting a deeper look into how games and made can only be a good thing. And I think it's good that I could take what I wanted from these readings and apply the easy bits making my game more professional and also learning good practice when making a game was quite good. Overall I think I'm quite happy with my game project. For going into making it I was quite worried and I never done anything like this before. I'm not the best with Coding so I knew I might struggle when going into the project. But as I started I had a lot of things to help me for example the readings, the unity tutorials, the feedback and much more. I feel like in my head I had built up making a game to be this impossible thing that I couldn't achieve. But now to have started to make my game and knowing that it doesn't have to be something very professional it made me more calm. I feel like a lot of things were laid out very nicely to make the experience the least daunting that it could be. I feel like my greatest accomplishment for this class is actually getting to grips with how to learn unity. I feel like at the start I was so intimidated by the software but I'm actually very proud of myself that I even have a little bit of knowledge on how to navigate around it and how to use it which I thought would take me a lot longer to get to grips with. Another accomplishment that I am very happy with is starting my project and being happy with what I'm doing I was quite worried on how to start my game and what to do but now that I am about halfway through my game I can confidently say I'm happy with what I am making which is something I didn't think I could do thus I am very happy with this accomplishment.



This is a picture of my project I chose it as one of my favourite pictures because I really like how my game is turning out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

Game Idea Research

About Me