Game Vision Statement

 



                                          Game Vision Statement


https://www.bobfm.co.uk/frogun-a-3d-platform-game-announced-for-switch/

This picture is a way more detailed version of my kind of idea.


GAME GENRE:

For my games genre I was thinking of having a 3-D platform game I'm not sure how hard this is as I am a beginner but I am willing to give an easier version of the picture above a go. A new idea I was also thinking of was having it kind of like Temple run in a way that you're running continuously along the platform but you are avoiding bad guys in front of you rather than them chasing you. As said in a previous brainstorm I was maybe thinking of having everything wizard themed but if that proves too difficult I will just do any type of aesthetic that is available.


GAMEPLAY:

When it comes to gameplay as stated in the game genre I was thinking of having a wizard running along a platform avoiding evil monsters. You should be able to move to avoid them and jump to avoid them and maybe be able to shoot things at them making them disappear. Also if I can I was thinking of if you fall off the platform or or touch any of the bad guys you will die and have to start again. The goal of the gameplay is to get to the end and survive the map. I hope I can achieve this.


RESOURCES REQUIRED:

For my resources I was thinking of following along with a beginners unity to tutorial on how to make an easy 3-D platformer and then throughout that changing things up to be specifically how I want it. For example making it more like Temple run or adding a more wizardly aesthetic.


MORE THOUGHTS

When looking through different videos on beginner platformers and other articles it started to look like it would be quite hard to achieve my initial idea. I was thinking as a back up I might try and look into making a more easier game maybe something like an air hockey game where are you have to score against one another and the first person to 5 wins. I will look more deeply into this option if I find my platformer is too difficult to handle.


LINKS:

https://youtu.be/h2d9Wc3Hhi0

https://youtu.be/w1Y0JwmazVM

https://youtu.be/ubvIlSC4X58





Comments

  1. Hey Luke,
    A platformer game is definitely the best option for this assignment. You should look into the game Beat Blade I found it on the App Store and it would be great as its similar to games like Temple Run and it doesn’t seem hard to create. I like how you included a wizard is this inspiration from your favourites series- aka Harry Potter?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

Game Idea Research

About Me