Time Strategies

        


    

                                                         Time Strategies


                             https://www.quora.com/Why-is-time-management-important


I really like time management strategies as it can be a good way to inform you on types of solutions for not getting stressed and also not procrastinating which are very good skills to try to implement into your life. The first article I read was how to beat procrastination. I definitely learned a lot from this article, in particular the fact that we are all programmed to procrastinate.  I also learned about I thing called "present bias" where for most people their brains tend to focus a lot more on the immediate hassle rather than the uncertain benefits that the hard tasks could give you in the future. I learned a good tip is to visualise how great it will be to get a hard task done and that if you can just picture it being done and sense of relief the task should be easier. The last thing I learned in that article was if you say the task out loud either to yourself or to another person you are more likely to do it. I focused more on the procrastination articles as I procrastinate a lot so the second article I read was "four questions to help you overcome procrastination.". I learned a lot of things from this article for example the hardest part of doing a hard task is just starting so even if you just start you might realise the task is not as hard as you thought. Also even if you just do a little chunk of the work in the first sitting it will give you the optimism and momentum to continue. Another thing I learned is that if you prioritise a certain task and make it a concrete action not have a vague goal and block out a certain time in your day to do it you're more likely to finish your task.


LINKS TO ARTICLES:

https://hbr.org/2016/07/how-to-beat-procrastination

https://lifehacker.com/four-questions-to-help-you-overcome-procrastination-1784833178


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

Game Idea Research

About Me