Alpha

 



                                                               Project Work


For my project this week I learned and applied many new things to my project a lot of the things I did this week were quite nitty-gritty but had to be done in order to make everything run smoothly some examples of things that I did were I learned how to make my player not be able to jump on multiple times whilst in the air. I made it so that you are only able to jump once you hit the ground. I also made multiple new platforms at varying heights. I have some of them vertical and some of them horizontal I also learned how to perfectly match them up. I also learned how to make the movement of my character much more clean and easy to use I  used words and code from the unity input manager and applied them to make my movements better. There's not tons of things physically that I've changed but I have put a lot of mechanics and things like that into the game so now hopefully now that things are fully set up I'll be able to move onto making enemies and more platforms and an end to the game. I also made a lot of folders and clean things up to make everything more accessible. Next week I'm hoping to put some enemies into the game and also maybe have the platforms be able to move while you're playing the game. I'm hoping by next week I'll be basically done the game and might look into adding some styling to it.



Comments

  1. Hey Luke,

    Your Alpha build is looking really good I have to say. I read here that you added the script that doesn't allow the player to "Double Jump" I have also added this to my game, little bit of trial and error but I got it working in the end lol. Leaving the more "Design" side of things to a bit later on in development was a good call, best to have the core of the game functioning and working as intended before putting loads of effort into making textures and adding them to the scene to make nice looking levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Luke!
    Your game is looking really good so far! You can make the game look pretty later so its good that you're getting through all of the mechanics and nitty gritty stuff early.
    I love the whole concept and the game looks like its going to be a lot of fun.
    I can't wait to be able to play it when it's finished!
    Best of luck with the rest of the process,
    Rachael :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

Game Idea Research

About Me