Game Decisions

 



                                                         Game Decisions



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H8pQyyXxHg


When reading this week I found many things very interesting in particular I found the video about flow theory quite insightful and I feel I gained a lot of knowledge that I have previously not had before the video. I really liked learning all about flow and how critical it is when it comes to making games. I learned it is extremely important for keeping the player interested and that using human psychology as a framework is a very good method when it comes to game design. I learned a lot about different aspects of flow when it comes to games for example the different stages that flow has like presenting the player with a challenge, making the player get into the flow state and then keeping the player in that state. I found it quite interesting as when playing a game you don't think of that much psychological intricacy but when making a game there so much thought put into that aspect. Something I also found quite interesting is that this flow state is purposefully designed in the game to give you that feeling when you look up and it's dark outside and have been playing a game for hours. This being another thing you don't think is purposefully put there but now I know it is definitely purposeful. The last thing I found quite interesting was the use of a flow graph distracts the players skill in accordance with the difficulty of the challenge I learned that it's not a straight line on the chart with these two aspects but more of a channel as there is lot of wiggle room when I comes to this. Those are some of the main things I found quite interesting this week I feel like I've learned a lot more about game design and how much meticulous effort is put into games even coming down to the psychology of the player which is very cool to me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

Game Idea Research

About Me