Game Fun

 




                                                                  Game Fun



Through my reading this week I found a lot of things very interesting but in particular I found A theory of fun the most interesting. I found it quite insightful learning lots more about the details and psychology behind games. I really enjoyed learning about the different types of games for example type one games these are games that teach us about thinking for example chest teachers all about strategy and foresight in the game. I thought was quite cool to learn that some games that I love for example call of duty or actually type to games and focus a lot more on things like reflex and how quick you are. Something I found quite interesting was how important understanding the concept of fun is and that fun is about learning, learning different skills and strategies in a confined domain. I also really enjoyed how what I learned in previous readings comes into play for example the flow of the game has a lot to do with the theory of fun. I also learned that levelling up and increasing difficulty adds and is an integral part of fun in a game. Something else I found quite interesting was a thing called easy fun. I learned easy fun is all about novelty and curiosity whether it's exploring a new land or environment thus further showing anything can be considered as fun in a Game even something as simple as walking around. Overall I really enjoyed learning about this topic and as usual this gave me a deeper insight into the complexity of games and another part of game design I hadn't thought of before.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

Game Idea Research

About Me