Unity Tutorial 08

 




                                                       Unity Tutorials


For my unity work this week I continued looking at the YouTube channel that I did last week they have great tutorials on many different aspects of my game. This week I continued through videos three and four of their making a beginner game series. Following these videos was quite long and tedious as it wasn't adding much stuff to the game more so adding a lot of mechanics and background workings to need it to be done. I accomplished a couple of things like making multiple platforms, getting my player to go left right open down a lot more smoothly and finally I got my player to not be able to jump multiple times while in the air but only be able to jump once the player has hit the ground this aspect alone took a twenty seven minute to tutorial to do. At one stage I missed something and didn't know what as there was an error but luckily I went back and found what I had missed in the tutorial and got it working again. As said in my project post I am now moving onto videos five and six where I'm going to be able to add enemies and also moving platforms to my game which I am excited for.




Comments

  1. Hey Luke,
    Wow looks like you made a great start creating your assets, well done. I also watch youtube videos and unity tutorials to help me apply code to my project. I agree that watching these videos was time-consuming and exhausting. If you're thinking about creating a character you should definitely use https://www.mixamo.com/#/ to help you import your character. There are a few youtube videos to help you with this.
    I hope this will help you with your project.
    Cant wait to see your final product.
    Alex.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype

Game Idea Research

About Me